The number of votes were tallied (some put in two votes), and the results are:
What was your favourite scotch from our first tasting?
- Nikka Coffey Malt (20%, 5 Votes)
- Gordon & MacPhail Glentauchers 1994 (20%, 5 Votes)
- BenRiach Sautern 15 Year Old (8%, 2 Votes)
- Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 4 (12%, 3 Votes)
- Kilchoman Original Cask Strength (28%, 7 Votes)
- BenRiach Albariza 18 Year Old (12%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 25
I have to admit, the Kilchoman caught me by surprise too. For a young scotch, it certainly had some character thanks to the quality of the casks. And the finish was sweet, smoky and peaty and reminded me of salted caramels. I didn’t know we had so many peat-heads in the audience; good to know moving ahead! Thank you to everyone for putting in your votes!